John Nevarez has been an artist within the animation industry for over 17 years. First working at Disney Television as a storyboard revisionist and storyboard artist on such shows as Paper Ann and Kim Possible, where he then transitioned over as a designer for DisneyToons, where he worked on Tinkerbell, Kronk’s New Groove and Brother Bear 2.
For 5 years, John worked at Pixar Animation Studios where he provided desings for Cars 2, Monster’s University, Inside Out and Lee Unkrich’s upcoming Coco movie. John also worked for Rovio Animation for the Angry Birds Movie and has just currently provided design work for Google’s Spotlight Stories.
John has also hosted workshops for The Animation Workshop in Denmark, The Icon Academy in Malaysia and Manila, The Animation Collaborative in Emeryville, California, CGMA Online and the CDW Studios in Australia, Master Wrokshop, co-hosted in Rotterdam with Stephen Silver and Wouter Tulp and Workshop on Storyboard and Character design to Accademia NEMO in Florence.
- Cars 2 [location design, Pixar]
- Monsters University [location design, Pixar]
- Astro Boy [location design, Imagi Animation Studios]
- Kim Possible [storyboards and minor design, Walt Disney TV Animation]
- Tinker Bell [location design and workbooks, DisneyToon Studios]